We developed the Gateway Academy app for learners who need to access the course material while offline.
Note that some courses have discussions and assignments that can only be accessed while connected to the internet and through a browser ( on mobile, desktop or laptop).
The mobile app is best for self-paced activities and video, as those can be downloaded on the phone/tablet and later reviewed offline.
Follow these steps to download and install the app:
- Download the app from the iTunes App Store (iPhone/iPad) or the Google Play Store (Android).
- Once you have downloaded the app, log in using one of the following methods:
- Log into Gateway Academy on your mobile browser. The site will automatically take you to the app.
- Log into Gateway Academy on your desktop and click "Mobile" in the bottom right corner of your dashboard". In the mobile app, click 'Scan QR Code' and use your phone's camera to scan the QR code.
- When connected to WiFi, you can select course content to download for offline access by clicking the 'Sync' button next to each course module. Any progress made offline will be synced next time you open the app on a WiFi connection.
- Click 'view' to interact with course content.
Here is a video that will show you how the app works:
To sync the work you have done offline, you need to log in the app while connected to the internet. This would allow for your course progress to update and register the course material you have reviewed offline.